Friday, September 28, 2007

Weekend At Ansley, UK , September 9 2007

This is a very long overdue blog..hehehe.. Yes, correct it happened last September 9, 2007 a Sunday. Carl and his family invited me again to come and see the festivities at a place called Ansley were Carl grew up. Ansley is like San Pablo, Laguna in terms of distance to Quezon City but we only drove their for less than 20mins. No traffic at all. Ahh traffic is a different story.

Anyways, Carl's Mom Christine invited us to see their newly renovated church. She said that there will be some marching band, MORRIS WOMEN DANCERS and some stuffs for kids like games etc. Carl, Helen, Sam and Harrison picked me up at around 9am and by 930am we were at the place. We arrived early to Ansley. The mass was not yet over when we got there. We waited outside the chapel until the mass was over. After that we were called for some tea. While were inside the chapel the MARCHING BAND started playing. I think they are called the marching band because they are MARCHING. hahahahaha.I thought they played only four notes all in all..hahahaha Check out the pictures of the marching band and tell me what you think..heheheheheh





After the Marching Band left to march around town we wer called again to have the dinner. They prepared a COLD BUFFET. It was god but COLD..hahahaha. After that good meal the Priest spoke a little bit how the event came to be blah blah blah...hehehehehe..We proceeded to a nearby house, I forgot what they call it but this is where the Priest lives. Their for the first time I saw an APPLE TREE, a GREEN APPLE TREE.



The place was also the venue for KIDS GAMES. At first I thought Its gonna be another boring games for KIDZ but I was surprised I enjoyed watching the KIDZ playing. The most that I enjoyed was the game The SUN is SHINING where somebody has to say something about color and exchange places. Example The SUN is SHINING all who are wearing RED SHIRTS. Then those who wear red shirts need to exchange places. And there was this one command that I truly enjoyed...The SUN is SHINING all with BLUE EYES...and they all MOVED AROUND...I was like WTF! All of them HAVE BLUE EYES..hahahahahaha. Then I remembered I was in UK..Oh well...I realy enjoyed this part of the day..




Finally the highlight of the affair has finally arrived MORRIS WOMENS DANCERS. According to WIKEPIDA A morris dance is a form of English folk dance usually accompanied by music. It is based on rhythmic stepping and the execution of choreographed figures by a group of dancers. Implements such as sticks, swords, tobacco pipes, and handkerchiefs may also be wielded by the dancers.


I thought this is really exciting MORRIS WOMENS DANCERS. This was the highlights of the whole affair. My expectations were really high on this one..Hehehe...But ....Just check out the photos and judge for yourself.....They actually danced and moved and hit each other no not each other's body but the sticks. Its like ARNIS.




It was a very long day for us. After the festivities in the church we went to Carl's ancestral house and spend a couple of hours. Afterwards we proceeded to Helen's parents John and Elaine - I hope I got that right. Like Helen, her parents were so accommodating. They just got back from a weekend vacation. I took pictures of John and Ellain but unfortunately it was blurry. I need to take their pictures.

After a very long day, we headed back to Carl's and Helen's house and ordered from Cantonese Takeaway for our dinner/lunch. Now Im confused..hehehehehe. I learned that Helen doesn't like shrimp but I persuaded her somehow to try it...heheheheh...It was a very long day but very memorable. All the memories came rushing back to me as I write this blog as if it only happens days ago but it's been almost a month. Thanks again Helen and Carl, my foster family here in UK...CHEERS MATES!




PS.

Thanks Helen for reading my blog and correcting your parents name. Sorry for that blunder.

No comments: