Saturday, March 15, 2008

Retire Young , Retire Rich

Today, I wanted my blog to take a different direction. Let me tell you why.

I've been working for almost 12 years now and I can say I'm really enjoying it. My job is want I want to do until my retirement. I've been through a lot of interviews and the one question that I answered consistently is how do you see yourself in the future? I always answered "I want to retire at age 40!".

Last Thursday, March 13, 2008, I ordered three (3) books from Amazon.co.uk namely :

1. Rich Dad's Retire Young Retire Rich
2. Rich Dad's Guide to Becoming Rich Without Cutting Up Your Credit Cards
3. Chicken Soup for the Soul

I am no book lover at all. If I can avoid reading I will. I learned my way in my job copying somebody else's code and from there create my own rules and interpretation of how things should work. Its only when I'm so desperate and can't seem to solve my problems at work that I seek out the help of books. So, what I did last Thursday was I huge leap of faith for me. Why? I wanted to get serious about achieveing my life long dreams of retiring at age 40 and not just retiring but RETIRING RICH.

March 15, 2008 I received my orders from amazon.co.uk Wow! thats quick! I got really excited knowing that this has been the most number of books that I ever bought in my entire life. I read first book "RETIRE YOUNG, RETIRE RICH" and I was so pleased with what I've read so far. I know now that my dream of retiring at the age of 40 can become a reality. wow!

Let me just share with you some of the thoughts that I find very interesting and worth living for :

1. So whatever state your life is in at present, take a moment to appreciate it...because tomorrow it will just be a memory.

2. "Why not retire rich and retire early?", "Whats wrong with that?"

3. "Without the Why, the How would have been impossible."

No comments: